How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 38910
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate broker -- Retired (mostly)
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my husband moves out of our principal residence and now

Customer Question

If my husband moves out of our principal residence and now we may file for divorce who is entitled to live in the property My husband insists that this is his property
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


Whether or not the property is ultimately decided by the court to be your husband's, the family court can make orders permitting you to reside in the property, at least until the divorce is complete, and all of your respective property rights can be decided. If you want to maximize your rights, then if your remain in the property, and your husband moves out, that would be the best circumstance for you.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Related Real Estate Law Questions