Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Not sure if this is the right category! I may need a

Customer Question
specialist in timeshares! As in...
Not sure if this is the right category! I may need a specialist in timeshares! As in how to get out of one without spending good money after bad? We own a Westgate Resort timeshare we bought it in 2007. We have been paying 637.00 maintenance fees semi
annually.. It has become a money drain! Since we are unable to travel during the open periods due to my husbands work! Can you help us?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
We met with some people from an outfit called" Newton GroupLLC, they came across just like the people who sold us the timeshare! High pressure sales tactics etc.. We bought our studio for 10,000.00, paid final payment two years ago!
Please call me at(###) ###-####cell
11/30/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: work30tax,
 replied 2 years ago
work30tax

I'd be happy to discuss with you.

I'm already paying for just answer, sorry! Paying 60.00 before I hear any advice?
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

I am not sure what happened to the attorney that was assisting you. I am a different attorney and it would be my pleasure to work with you at no additional charge. Where are the timeshares located? What happened with Newton Group LLC? Did you pay them any money?

Lastly to you have a copy of your timeshare agreements?

We met with the Newton Group LLC reps, and after hearing their costly solution and yet more high pressure tactics similar to those used to sell us the timeshares we declined their "deal"! Yes, we still have our orig timeshare contract.
The timeshares, one is in Williamsburg, VA, Westgates Resorts, the other in FLA, the second is basically a point system, through RTX Voyages.
We bought our Westgate timeshare in August 2007. The RTX Voyages, was purchased in July 2013. We want to get out of their contracts! Since no "real property" is involved, I don't understand why not?

Many of these companies offering to assist consumers with relievimg them from their timeshares are scams. In fact you may wish to report this company to the Artorvey Generals' offices in the States where rhey are doing business. That being said contracts can be binding even when no real estate is involved. That is why it would be helpful to see the terms of what you signed. Westgate has been on the radar for timeshare issues. Do you by any chance have a copy of the documents you signed that you can attach? Give me a moment to provide you with information on timeshare scams.

The Federal Trade Commission can take your complaint against Westgate at https://www.ftc.gov

Westgate has recently lost cases due to their pressure sales tactics so you very likely have a case against them http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/brinkmann-on-business/os-westgate-loses-lawsuit-over-highpressure-sales-tactics-in-tennessee-20150406-post.html

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney