How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41637
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had my mineral rights detached and the lawyer supposedly

Customer Question

I had my mineral rights detached and the lawyer supposedly delivered it to the County Court house. I don't trust him, that he did it correctly. Is there anything else I should worry about? I plan to sell my home and don't want new owner to have a way of taking the mineral rights.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

The most economical way to do this would be to have a title company do a title search on your own property for you.

You can do this from home - national companies, such as First American, Chicago Title, and Old Republic can all perform a title search for you and give you the current status of your title, including the mineral rights.

Once you have a title report you will be able to confirm the status of your title and determine whether or not your attorney has completed the tasks you paid him to do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Ray here a new expert ..Hi can you tell me what county is involved??

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Were you deeded the minerals separately here , some more information please, thanks.