How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42293
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter was arrested and needed my help. The federal

Customer Question

My daughter was arrested and needed my help. The federal judge reruired a signature bond and put a 60,000 lien on my property. Its been over one yr she has been following all the rules , the problem i have is that i need to refinance my home is there a way to ask to remove the lien and offer a signature bond in leau of the lien?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You would have to go back through federal court and judge here to resolve the bond.Daughter would likely have to post a bond through a bonding company.This will involve her paying a fee to the bonding company.

The judge here is going to want a real bond to release the lien here.You need to go with daughter and talk to the court clerk here.You may want to shop a bail bondsman so you have on lined up if the judge will go along and agree to a bond.Most bonds here runs about 1% of the amount the judge has set as bail here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.