How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband abandoned me 5years ago can i get remarried to

Customer Question

My husband abandoned me 5years ago can i get remarried to someone else
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of your situation.

Unfortunately, abandonment alone will not allow you to remarry, you must first file for dissolution (divorce) in family court.

You can do this without an attorney (not recommended) using a self help guide such as this one:

Or you can retain a family law attorney to guide you through the process, represent you in court, and ensure that the process is completed without any problems or errors in a timely fashion (if you plan on remarrying quickly, I would highly recommend using a lawyer as this can help expedite the process and help you avoid time consuming mistakes).

Related Real Estate Law Questions