How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I care Dad with my two teenage sons in Texas, I have three

Customer Question

I care for my Dad with my two teenage sons in Texas, I have for about three years and have never been paid. He has property that he had before he married my step mom and she is selling his land, can I file a lien on that property?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Do you have an employment contract where it was agreed that you'd be paid for your service?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thanks.

If you don't have a contract, then you can't enforce it.....and you cannot put a lien on the property short of suing and obtaining a judgment for the amount claimed. But, if there's no contract, it would likely be impossible to successfully sue....since there'd be no cause of action.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

This, your likely have to get your father to sign a contract to pay you in order to have a chance at recovering the money.