Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I care Dad with my two teenage sons in Texas, I have three

Customer Question

I care for my Dad with my two teenage sons in Texas, I have for about three years and have never been paid. He has property that he had before he married my step mom and she is selling his land, can I file a lien on that property?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Do you have an employment contract where it was agreed that you'd be paid for your service?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thanks.

If you don't have a contract, then you can't enforce it.....and you cannot put a lien on the property short of suing and obtaining a judgment for the amount claimed. But, if there's no contract, it would likely be impossible to successfully sue....since there'd be no cause of action.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

This, your likely have to get your father to sign a contract to pay you in order to have a chance at recovering the money.