How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you have a Church deed with a reversion clause, can you

Customer Question

If you have a Church deed with a reversion clause, can you execute a parking easement for an adjacent Building?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

By reversion I presume that you mean that if the church ceases operation in the future, that the property must be immediately transferred back to the party who sold or donated the land to the church in the first place.

So, in this circumstance, while the church could grant a revocable license to the owner of the adjacent building to use the church parking lot, the church may not give a permanent easement to that next door neighbor as that would legally interfere with the rights that the reversionary owner has in the property. The church may not encumber the property in any manner that would result in the reversionary owner getting less than full property rights returned in the event that the church ceases operation and triggers the reversion of the property to the earlier owner or their heirs.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,


Related Real Estate Law Questions