Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

The LPG company wants to remove an underground tank from our

Customer Question
property that was leased by...
The LPG company wants to remove an underground tank from our property that was leased by a previous owner. We have no contract of any kind with this company. Since we did not lease the tank nor have any contractual obligation with the company can we require
them to return the property to the condition as they find it? There is now significant landscaping over and around the buried tank.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/20/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Since you have no contract and the tank is their tank, they have a right to remove the tank, but have to put the land back in the same condition they found it when they came to get the tank. If they do not do so they are liable to you for the costs you incur to put the property back in the condition it was in before they came for the tank.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer