Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My builder had to make a $20,000.00 repair 4 years into my 7

Customer Question

My builder had to make a $20,000.00 repair 4 years into my 7 year warranty due to water from the roof channeling behind the siding and causing wood rot and particle board disintegration. He designed the house with two gables coming together causing water to channel like a funnel. Gutters are not allowed on the Outer Banks due to hurricanes. He replaced all the wood rot and put in new siding but never corrected the cause of the problem. It is now year 10 and the problem came back with a vengeance. Wood rot in the exact same place behind the siding threatening the structural integrity of two wood decks. Do I have any recourse?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unfortunately, you are out of gas on this one.

It's not an issue that the warranty is over, but more so the timing. Ten years is beyond the statute of limitations to be able to sue him for any cause of action.