How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a rental property that the tenants signed a lease

Customer Question

I have a rental property that the tenants signed a lease agreement. It was notarized. They have not paid any rent since January 2015. I have sent letters, registered and personally. I filed a petition and went to court to sue for back rent and to have them evicted. The judge awarded me my property, what do I need to do now to get them out?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

The judge should have awarded you what is called a writ of possession. You need to take that to the sheriff and have them serve out the writ of possession to evict the tenants.

Related Real Estate Law Questions