How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118209
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I confirm my settings/

Customer Question

How do I confirm my settings/
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked an original question regarding a Colonial Crossings of Williamsburg, Virginia timeshare and how to get rid of it. Is there still a lawsuit going on? If not, what was the final verdict? How can I get rid of this timeshare. They have sold it to another company and they are gouging me with maintenance fees. I am paid up to date on the mortgage but behind $5,125 on the maintenance fees. My husband's office closed Feb 2013 and we are just barely staying a float.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In MY ACCOUNT - I can not change my password ***** it doesn't recognize the password ***** emailed to me. HELP with your system.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The experts are not employees of this site, so we cannot assist with site issues, please contact customer service at for assistance with your password.
The "lawsuit" against them never seemed to have gone anywhere. There was a lot of talk about it for awhile, but no records exist on the status.
If you are seeking to sue based on their fraud and misrepresentation of the agreement to you (which is what has been claimed by other members), then this is grounds to terminate the contract. However, absent some fraud or misrepresentation, unfortunately the only way out is to seek to sell through a reputable timeshare agent such as Timeshare Free ( which has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (always check any company you are going to use to sell with the BBB, as there are many scams out there).
If there was a breach of the contract, fraud, misrepresentation, then before suing, you can try to resolve the matter by filing a complaint with the VA Attorney General Consumer Unit ( and also with the Federal Trade Commission (
If those agencies cannot resolve your matter, then you can engage a local consumer protection attorney in VA to sue them for their breach of contract.