How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27227
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I leased my condo to a couple Apr 30/15. They secretly moved

Customer Question

I leased my condo to a couple Apr 30/15. They secretly moved out and allowed a business partner to live there. The lease agreement specifically states that they cannot sublet. The illegal tenants have no contract with the original tenants nor do they have renters insurance. I want to give them notice to vacate, what are my rights? Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, you would need to proceed with eviction proceedings, as they have no legal right to stay. In a situation like this, you would want to 1) provide notice to the original tenants on the lease, since they are in breach and 2) send notice to the tenants there as well, to vacate. This way, you can both people out and notice all parties of the breach and need to cure or vacate. If they fail to do so, then you could proceed through the court and evict AND go after the original tenant for damages suffered under the lease, as a result of the breach and fees and costs incurred.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you forward me a link for the legal documents?
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

It is a notice and not a legal document. Here is a link which you can use as a reference and make sure to read the FL statute as well.

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Real Estate Law Questions