How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3686
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get an injunction against an illegal buildilng in

Customer Question

how do I get an injunction against an illegal buildilng in Denver.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

You would have to go into the Colorado state court in the county where the property is located and petition the court to grant a temporary restraining order. In order to get that you would have to show that there is immediate harm about to occur, and that it is an emergency situation. Otherwise, you would have to just file a regular lawsuit and wait until the court was ready to hear the case. But in an emergency, you can get an injunction.

Additionally, you must demonstrate the strength of your case and convince the court that under Colorado law, you are likely to win the case. If you can show all this, then the court will grant the injunction. Otherwise, you will have to go through the normal procedures and wait until the court can hear the case and give you a judgment for monetary compensation, rather than an injunction.

Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.