Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

Our church has a deed restriction that states the property

Customer Question

Our church has a deed restriction that states the property must be used for religious purposes.
The dieses wants to split the property in three and sell it. How can we stop this from happening!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

The church here cannot get around such a recorded deed restriction.Splitting the property does not get around the restriction.The title company would not permit such a sale without the restriction included.All three portions here have to be used for religious purposes.There is no way around it. You can put any realtor here on notice of such a restriction and that you would pursue enforcement.

I don't see how they can get around such a restriction it goes with the land and title company would include it in any deed here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today. Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

The party that deeded it to them can sue if necessary to enforce the restrictions.