How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having to find a lawyer that will witness my signature

Customer Question

I am having to find a lawyer that will witness my signature on a purchase agreement. This transaction was done in Canada. The final stage for us is for me to sign the papers and have them couriered back to Canada. Would you be able to help me with this? If so, how much will it cost?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. My name is***** am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Where are you currently located? In other words, where will you be signing the documents?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a lawyer. This is my problem. I am in Yuma, AZ. The realtor papers would be sent here for me to sign. My problem is that it has to be done in front of a lawyer who would witness my signature. The papers would then be sent back to Canada. Therefore I am looking for a lawyer just to witness my signature. Is there any lawyer that would do this for me? And how much would it cost?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Are you there?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Yss I am. I apologize. I stepped away from the computer.

Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Typically, anybody could witness you signing. It does not have to be an attorney. You can also have a notary witness your signature.

You may be able to have an attorney witness the signature for free since it doesn't cost anything. Notaries charge per page they need to notarize and it's usually somewhere between $5-7.

Related Real Estate Law Questions