How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41591
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Signed a contract with a Property Management Co. in Warren,

Customer Question

Signed a contract with a Property Management Co. in Warren, Michigan. They have not performed as stipulated in the contract. My numerous attempts to communicate with them have been unanswered or not taken seriously enough to cure the situation. they manage a property for me and i have not received monthly reports on the status or lease payments. I m also being fined by the city of Warren for their inaction to carry out their responsibilities. What are my options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

You can terminate the contract here claiming breach of contract.You may sue in Michigan Small claims up to the limits for the lost rent.

You can sue up to $5k and filing fees.

Forms and self help for you.

I would notify them in writing that you are terminating and set out the multiple breaches of your agreement with them.You can threaten them with a civil suit if they do not agree to resolve the matter immediately and pay you what you are owed.

And if it is unresolved you sue them.

I appreciate the chance to help.I am so sorry that they have done this to you.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating it is always sincerely ***** ***** again.

Related Real Estate Law Questions