How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37378
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I want to Quick Claim a piece of property I own with an

Customer Question

If I want to Quick Claim a piece of property I own with an ex to him do I need him to agree? I want to get rid of it he does not
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.


Yes, you can quitclaim your interest over to anyone you wish to without your ex's consent or even knowledge. Once you quitclaimed it to someone, they would then become a "tenant in common" owner with your ex instead of you.





Related Real Estate Law Questions