How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118087
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get information on a property lien from

Customer Question

How do I get information on a property lien from Homecommings Financial Network? I have tried to find a contact number for them and failed completely and now I am at a loss. I am trying to refinance my home and have been contacted by the mortgage company that I am going through that I have a lien on my property that I need to either pay off or have it cleared and I cannot find a phone number or address for this financial Company. I would appreciate any help that you could give me on this matter, please let me know as soon a you can.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you tried this information to contact them yet?
Homecomings Financial Network Inc
Phone:(###) ###-####*****SE Ste 100, Bellevue, WA 98004
If you cannot contact them at that location, you will need to file a Petition to Quiet Title in the court in KY and ask for removal of the lien for failure to locate the owner of the lien and have them served through the WA secretary of state's office, which will require a local attorney to file the suit and if they do not answer the suit, the court will order the lien vacated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried calling the phone number(###) ###-####and a recording says that this number has been disconnected. Is that the only number that you could come up with? We called the BBB and they said that they have information indicating that Homecommings Financial Network is out of business. So, I was so hoping that this could be cleared up out of court, is there any way that a statement from the BBB would warrant this to be cleared off our record.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

So the next thing you have to do is go through court as I said above. You have to file a petition to quiet title and you send service to the WA Secretary of State's office, which is where they were registered to do business. Then your case would go before the judge and if the company does not reply, which they likely will not since they are out of business, the court will order the lien removed.