How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3684
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

New York City: Neighboring building is renovating and

Customer Question

New York City: Neighboring building is renovating and scaffold uprights are three feet onto my sidewalk and a temporary enclosure has one wall on my sidewalk-which the city owns but I must maintain.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

They have no right to do that, under NY law and NYC code. They probably don't have a building permit either, so I would suggest that you bring this to the attention of the NYC building department and have them do your "dirty work" of making the neighbor remove the structure and get it out of your way.

PLease rate 4 or 5 and close out the question Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.