How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3686
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Question attorney who is reasonably well versed in pa

Customer Question

Question for an attorney who is reasonably well versed in pa condominium law for an owner dealing with a notice to his tenants. The property manager has just given my tenants living above me a 12 day notice that they have to be out of my 2nd floor condo
for 6 days so the hoa can replace the outside staircases to our units. This is an absurd amount of time for them to find a place to live in the 3rd week in November. The hoa has been delaying replacing these steps for years, and were discussing doing it back
in March but for some reason, now that the summer has gone by they want to do it in mid November. How can I fight this and make them give us at least 30 days notice.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Under Pennsylvania law, you have the right to 30 days prior notice. First I would bring it to their attention, stating that you have spoken with a lawyer from the University of Pennsylvania. If they do not relent, knowing that they are in the wrong, you have the right to bring a legal action to get the time that you need, and you can also recover your fees and costs in doing so. They would be advised to check the law and act properly so as to avoid additional expense. If you are required by them to move out, you can also claim "constructive illegal eviction" and move into the fanciest hotel you want and charge them the hotel fees for accommodation as well.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I talk to you on the phone, would that be a client attorney relationship where you represent me (eg able to send a letter or two to the hoa/property manager? I appreciate very much the answer you have given me but are you certain that they must give the 30 day notice? Is that because they are tenants or would I be entitled to such notice if it was me (the owner) living in that upstairs unit being subjected to the same "temporary eviction".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you legally represent me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see you have referred me to someone else - i assume that means i cant hire you outside this website, if that is the case how can i pay you since the rating button on screen is not active.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Yes, why don't you rate the answer 4 or 5 and then accept the phone chat so we can get on the telephone and discuss your needs and get started with you hiring me. You must accept the phone chat so that we can exchange personal information, otherwise the site will block it all. Thanks.

Related Real Estate Law Questions