How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J. Warren Your Own Question
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2241
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
J. Warren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father owed me inheritance money, so I got in a bind with

Customer Question

my father owed me inheritance money, so I got in a bind with my house payments and he took that money plus a little more and paid my house off and put it in his name.. now he is saying I owe him the full amount that he paid off or he is taking my house from me. he is not wanting to give me credit for the inheritance or for what I have paid him as monthly house payments. all I ask him to do was give me a contract that I was buying the house back from him but he refuses. he says I am renting but we have no paperwork that says any such thing. what can I do and what kind of lawyer do I need. I live in north caroliina
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to providing you information. Please note:

(1) this is general information and is not legal advice. I never propose a specific course of action. There is no attorney-client relationship or privilege that is formed when communicating to an expert on this site. The site repeats this disclaimer numerous times. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and

(2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.

I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. It is in your best interest to retain local counsel in this situation. You would want a real estate litigation lawyer. A couple resources to help you find a lawyer are; and the North Carolina Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service:

All my best & encouragement.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. I only receive credit when rated “ok” (3 stars) or higher. If for any reason you feel that a low rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns by clicking the "reply" tab.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.

Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I realize rating takes an extra step and I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Related Real Estate Law Questions