P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

Can the state of Hawaii put tax lien on property owned in

Customer Question

can the state of Hawaii put tax lien on property owned in Arizona
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tax lien in Hawaii is for personal income tax not property tax
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** am in Arizona attorney with over 16 years of experience. Hopefully I can assist you with your legal question.

The answer to your question, I can Hawaii in force a lien against Arizona property is yes. Yes, and this is the key, if the state of Hawaii is willing to go through the court in the state of Arizona to impose the lien.

To impose a lien against real property, the state of Hawaii would need to file a motion with the Arizona court. At this time he owner would have the opportunity to respond and contest this matter. If the state of Hawaii can show a valid judgment, or that the property owner owes the state of Hawaii money, the court in the state of Arizona can impose the lien.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.