How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 102143
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have rented land on a mobile home park, recently I sold

Customer Question

I have rented land on a mobile home park, recently I sold the mobile home park and trying to rent a home. The new management company needs a document filled out stating we have paid our rent on time. The management company at the mobile home park was rude to the new management company and has not filled the needed paperwork out which will cause us to loose our new home. What can I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. The "old" management company may be afraid of what they see as your "personal information" being released to the new management company. This may be unfounded, but it is the most likely cause.

SECOND, understand that the old management company does not have to provide any signature or information unless they want to. No law states that the old landlord/their management company has to confirm your good payment record.

The best way here would be to kill two birds with one stone by writing a certified letter to the old management company (CC landlord themselves if possible), that explains both (1) you do not mind the information being released and (2) nicely ask that it is.

This does two things - it (1) allays the fears that you would be upset at any records being released and (2) it asks nicely, and being nice in such situation is crucial because they do not have to do this, so you are asking them for extra work.

Let me know if you need a sample letter!

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.