Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Our house is paid off! We are trying to sell it, but an

Customer Question
Unsatisfied Mortgage has shown up...
Our house is paid off! We are trying to sell it, but an Unsatisfied Mortgage has shown up on the house from a company that has gone out of business. The Unsatisfied Mortgage was 20+ years ago. We paid the house off about 10 years ago.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/4/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer

Hello. My name is***** and I am going to assist you with your question.

It is unlikely that the tile company will close the transaction without rectifying the issues of the unsatisfied mortgage that has come up.

One of the first things you examine is whether anyone else purchased or is servicing the debt from the unsatisfied mortgage company. Have you been receiving any kind of statements at all from anyone regarding that loan?

Or am I misunderstanding and what happened was that the unsatisfied mortgage was paid off, but is still coming up as unsatisfied?

I am in Florida.

I also apologize as I did not see your reply.

Tina, Lawyer