Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

How do I prevent a neighbor from blocking a right of way to

Customer Question
my land. this is...
How do I prevent a neighbor from blocking a right of way to my land. this is the only
way to get to the land?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/3/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer

Hello. My name is***** and I am going to be assisting you with your question.

If that right of way is the only access to the land, your neighbor is not legally entitled to block it.

First, I would send your neighbor written notice that he is blocking the right of way and request that he cease his actions. If your neighbor does not respond to the letter, then your only option would be to civilly sue your neighbor to have the court order him to desist from blocking the right of way.

Tina, Lawyer