How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117358
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a home an the laywer of Benedict Community

Customer Question

I bought a home an the laywer of Benedict Community develpment kept my original deed, because he added on to it an gave me a fake deed, an the development is standing by his side an they would not give it back to me, I am from new york bought a house from sc, they stole my cooling an heating system out off my home, when I gave them my key, it took them a month to move it, they also damage my property, I paid 88,500 dollars, they told me a lawyer would be there to represent me which they did not tell the truth, now I am without my property they stole
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma...but do not understand your question. You paid $88K for a home in SC? But you do not own it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid 88,500 dollars cash, I was told that the laws in sc is that I could not rent, sale for 8 years, an I had to pay Benedict Community development in 8 years 15 thousand dollars off my equity, when I asked for my money back, which I was ignored, I was told the deed an restrictions would be erased, in my title search this development changed my deed, an kept the original without informing me, I paid cash the attorney states he represented me in a loan, the deed I got said no restrictions, the he filed says something different, he will not release original deed to me, the development is covering up, they are aware of it, as well the document from the title search. because they or looking for me to pay them for building it, which it stated nothing of this source in the advertisement*****columbia sc, they changed the contract this is why they demanded my money up front, this was to block me from inspection I asked they said brand new home, this attorney never represented me in a lone, because my bank chase electronical sent 88,500 dollars into his account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attachments I bought the home everything was there, when I return Benedict Community Development / Benedict University stole my property an replace it with old, an left faulty wiring an replace some with second hand, please see attach documents, an refuse to replace it, they were the only ones with my keys, I truly believe that a loan was taken out on my home, without my knowledge an they kept the money, I question there inequity, because they gave me a fake deed, an kept the original with the stamp off the registry, an refuse to give me whats mine, deed fraud, being that this is a big African american university they feel they can get away with it, an I am a senior citizen from new york, they scam me an took my property, I live here, but there's no guarantee nevertheless I paid for it, they or claiming it. Please see the document where Attorney Ernest Cramartie states he is representing me in a loan, My question is this, what law in any state says that a lawyer who is not a license realtor can change the deed of the buyer without informing them? Please forgive I have an impairment in my eyes, please forgive errors. I do not have heat in my home or cooling system because they took it, when I went to new york, an left the wires open, please see license contract report, putting my life in danger, which they are aware an didnt care, they told the warrenty company they fixed it documents on demand.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

A lawyer does not need to be a realtor to make a correction or change to a deed. In fact, realtors do not change deeds, attorneys or title companies prepare new deeds for filing. However, if there was fraud here by the attorney, then the attorney can be legally liable to you for creation of the false deed. Of course, this means you are going to have to bring all of this evidence you have above to the court to get the deed voided and to get your rightful property returned. You need to get this matter to court as soon as possible to get that title voided and you need to engage a local attorney to do this for you as you cannot do this type of case without one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am from NY I left my key with this company my house was a show house brand new. I hate to wait until they move it out it was a month. On the internet***** When I came back they stole my system an said lightening hit it. I have no heat or cooling system. The director brought his fake electrician. I took there word; but when I got sparks from my circuit I hired contractor. Which I discovered there was no system only faulty wiring. They put a lock on it no one ever lived here they stated I requested inspection report I was denied. The house was electric sufficient in advertisements they took my system an replace it with gas live wires documented I had already bought the house when they sole it.they were the only one with my keys in essence they robbed me
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, but you are saying this is in SC, which is where you need to deal with them. Because the property is in SC, you need to get a lawyer there to file suit immediately to void this deed and reverse this.

I know you are saying they robbed you of your property, but the only way to fix it now is you have to sue them in court.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you forgive my ignorance old lady 66 with impairments I will
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

If the deed is fraudulent and they did what you show above, the court would void that deed and award you money damages as well.

Please do not forget to click on the 5 star feedback above, as the experts are not employees of this site and as such get no credit for spending time with customers unless they click on the feedback.

Related Real Estate Law Questions