How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 30162
Experience:  JA Mentor
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I transfer or donor a property to a non profit

Customer Question

how do I transfer or donor a property to a non profit organization
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Property can be transferred or donated via a deed, where the donor states that he's giving up any and all interest he has in the property in exchange for goodwill. The document must be signed in front of a notary and then the donee will file it with the county where the property is located. If you own the non-profit organization, a local attorney can go over all the formalities that you'll need to follow regarding the property going forward (like only using funds from the organization's bank accounts to do maintenance and repairs). You may be able to find forms to do the transfer via sites like or

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.