Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I've been living on the property years with my wife my

Customer Question

I've been living on the property for 16 years with my wife my mother in law owns the property my wife died a year and a half ago I now have a new girlfriend and I been asked to leave the property what are my options on keeping the property
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me the state where the home is located? Have you contributed any equity to the property. The length of time you have lived the property is generally not relevant as you had the owners permission so there are no squatters/adverse possession rights. Was there any agreed that you would acquire a title interest in the home? Please let me know the state. Thank you.

I am sorry I do not see the state that your question pertains to. Can you please provide this information so I can assist you?