How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need my home back into my name, i was stupid beyond belief

Customer Question

i need my home back into my name, i was stupid beyond belief to trust norval langworthy sr. , i trusted norval as a god fearing Christian,active in church and going in to worship on sundays . i signed over my home to you only to hold until i was approved for a reverse mortgage .i have been approved for a reverse mortgage two times . norval has always threaten to evict Christina and me . i need my home back into my name , so i can pay norval .i know norval and his family wanys my home , norval refuses to cooperate by doing his part by signing the quit claim deed which the mortgage company would hold in escrow along with the money to pay norval. i have spent over twenty years securing my retirement for my old age ,paying off two mortgages and have invested over five thousand dollars in this property.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.


Nice to meet you. My name is***** want to try to help you with your situation.

Did you quitclaim deed the property to Norval? Was there anything in writing (any kind of contract, etc.) that defined the terms of you doing so?

Please advise so I can assist you.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a quitclaim deed to Norval.. However, There is a verbal agreement made between Norval and myself at the of the quitclaim deed, that after I was approved for a reverse mortgage, which I was approved for $130,000, and Norval would sign back the property. How legally can Norval be held by his word, because it to is legally binding?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

There are situations in which verbal contracts are binding. However, they are very difficult to prove.

Your only remedy here would be to sue Norval for breach of a verbal contract. You're going to need to prove the existence of the verbal contract as well as establish the terms of the contract. This can be done through witness testimony.

Please keep in mind that verbal contracts are very difficult to prove and they are not recognized by every state.

Related Real Estate Law Questions