Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I bought an old house 2 years ago. We had a home inspection

Customer Question
and a structural engineer perform...
i bought an old house 2 years ago. We had a home inspection and a structural engineer perform an inspection. We have now issues with the way the foundation . The reason why we had an engineer perform was because there has been foundation damage due to termite that was re mediated by the previous owner but we wanted the remediation work to be inspected. Now we have wall creaking floor moving and had two other structural engineer informally come to see the issue and both of them said that the first engineer should have never said that it was a ok job. The job is poorly done. What option do I have .
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/29/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

You have no warranty from the seller regarding the foundation, correct?

Are you there?

I was for some reason the system would not let me answer to you...
I have to leave for work now but I will be able to answer every once in a while.
I am not sure what you meant by foundation warranty?

Well, clearly, there is likely a cause of action against the construction engineer who did the prepurchase inspection for professional malpractice. You will just need the testimony of the two recently retained engineers who declared the inspection to be substandard.

You may also want to check with your sellers to see if the work they had done is still covered by warranty and if the warranty was tranferrable to successor owners.

Did you have further questions before you rate my service to you?

Loren, Lawyer