Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My home was illegally sold in an auction on October 9, 2015

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/29/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

I am a member of the State Bar of California, the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (LA/OC/Ventura/Riverside/Santa Barbara/San Bernardino counties), and the California and National Association of Realtors.

What question can I Justanswer for you tonight?

My home was illegally auctioned in San Rafael CA on October 9. I know this is a scam! I need help ASAP!

Are you looking to hire a lawyer to represent you?

I need representation because I am sure that this is a scam operation.. I have tons of documentation to prove this and I have been harassed for years and years about this too...
I need a lawyer to represent me to this agency which claims bought my home for the City of Novato... I need a lawyer to respond to this agency (Hello Housing) by November 9... They want me to leave as soon as the end of November...

Okay, thanks.

I'm too far away to represent you in Marin County Superior Court. I'll have to reopen your Q&A session for others who may be able to take your case.

Best of luck with your legal dilemma.

OK
Real Estate Lawyer: Joycelaw, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Lawyer

Hello:

If your income qualifies you, there is legal aid in Marin.

It is called Legal Aid of Marin -(###) ###-####/p>

30 N. San Pedro Road, Suite 220

San Rafael CA 94903.

legalaidmarin.org

They help low income people who are facing eviction and housing issues.

There is the Marin County Bar Assoc, legal Assistance:

Marinbar.org. This lists services such as Fair Housing of Marin at(###) ###-####

They also help with housing issues. It looks like they help for free.

There is also the Bar Association of San Francisco,

they might charge a fee, but their number is(###) ###-####

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Hi again:

The correct phone number for Legal Aid of Marin is

(###) ###-#### ***** number I gave you above, is their fax number,

not their phone.

Good luck.

Hello Joyce,
Thank you for responding to my question... I have since determined from my investigating (which included speaking with a few foreclosure defense attorneys) that this auction was totally legal, to my immense surprise!Fortunately, I have gotten over the shock and the agencies involved (Hello Housing and the City of Novato) are giving us up to 2 months to leave and a small amount of money too.. So we are making plans to relocate north to Petaluma where my son attends college...Again, thank you for responding but at this time I see no further need for any legal services.. That time for me is over..
Tina, Lawyer