Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Received a contract on home and 4 days later people

Customer Question
cancelled. As a result...
received a contract on home and 4 days later people cancelled. As a result I lost another written contract which expired and lost a rental agreement on property I owned in California. People say they cancelled based on home inspection of which there was none except their own inspection twice which if they saw the house and did not like why would they sign a contract offer. Am I entitled to keep deposit of 10k to offset my losses?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/28/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good morning. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and i look forward to assisting you today.

Are you online?

What does the contract say the buyer is entitled to, specifically, under the home inspection? Typically, a professional inspection is stated in the provision.

Also, is there a liquidated damages provision in the contract?

Tina, Lawyer