How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 74 year old recently widowed woman. Landloard has

Customer Question

I am a 74 year old recently widowed woman. Landloard has neglected upkeep of property during ten years residency with my husband.
Also not finishing repairs following bathroom flood that occurred during husband's illness. There is also a silverfish infestation. My new roommate and I are planning to move but I am certain that he will find a way to refuse refund of my deposit. I will also need a letter of reference if I cause trouble. What should I do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, have you demanded that he make repairs in writing, or not yet?