How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41555
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I oun property 60 air miles NW of Anchorage (Quartz Creek

Customer Question

I oun property 60 air miles NW of Anchorage (Quartz Creek area), can I cut trees on my property? Also can I clear a trail across State land to access my property?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

The Alaska Forest Resources Act governs this.

The Act addresses these goals by:

  • Requiring that landowners notify the state before beginning commercial timber operations.
  • Setting standards for forest management along waterbodies, including buffers (see Table 1). For diagrams of the augmented buffers for dynamic rivers in Region II, see Augmented Buffers -- Type II-A and II-B sample diagrams.ppt
  • Allowing for harvest of valuable, individual trees within buffers when it can be done without harming fish habitat or water quality. Harvest within buffers requires agency approval.
  • Setting standards to prevent erosion into waterbodies.
  • Requiring reforestation on all forest ownerships except where the land will be converted to another use, or where the harvest area is significantly composed of dead or dying trees.

You have to notify the state and they have to approve any timber removal on your property.Also you cannot remove timber off of property you do not own.

Here is more reference--if you note there are different regions with different requirements and regulations.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

You can contact the state here for approval to harvest timber..

Department of Natural Resources
550 W. 7th Ave, Suite 1260, Anchorage, AK###-##-####br />Phone:(###) ###-####Fax:(###) ###-####TTY: 907-269-841

Related Real Estate Law Questions