Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

In Texas if a Condo association has by-laws that require

Customer Question

In Texas if a Condo association has by-laws that require 100% approval in the case of a sale of the entire Condo complex, if all of the owners but a few choose not to sell, what can be done?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, if the bylaws require 100% approval, the the condo complex cannot be sold without such 100% approval, since the bylaws are created to protect the interest of all the condo owners.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible that a Condo Associations bylaws in Texas do not cover the topic of a sale? And, if the bylaws do not stipulate to the situation of a sale, then what percentage
of the owners would be required for the sale to go through?

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, the bylaws would cover the topic of the sale and if they do not, then it would be determined by the court as to what would be appropriate percentage of votes to approve a sale.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.