How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42307
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a home with joint tenants with my sister, I want to

Customer Question

I own a home with joint tenants with my sister, I want to sell and she does not. How do I get out of this. I am sure she does not want to buy me out. Also what costs would I incur to relinquish my part of the house.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You can give her your interest by quit claim deed form.

You can do this here are the forms..

The other option here is a lawyer and a suit for partition here.The lawyer fees and costs and any realtor commissions come off the gross sales price so you split legal fees.The court orders it sold and the net after reimbursement

is divided evenly.

Lawyer referral to do that.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.