Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

The HOA unit above mine has had two pipes fail creating

Customer Question

The HOA unit above mine has had two pipes fail creating water damage to my ceiling, floors and walls in my unit. The HOA pays to repair the broken pipe but continues to tell me I am responsible to for the repairs within my unit. I would accept that answer if the pipes that failed were within my unit. I have insisted that the HOA should be paying for all repairs created by this faulty pipe not just the pipe repair. My unit is located in Horry County South Carolina
Michael Waite ***@******.***
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello Michael. I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem. The HOA is unlikely to change its mind and it's impractical to take them to court over it. You would probably lose the case in any event. Your own homeowner's insurance will be the most likely source for payment for those repairs. You may file your claim with them, and you should get results much quicker than arguing with or suing the HOA.