How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel-II Your Own Question
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  real estate law
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Samuel-II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is avel XXXXXX and I'm current going threw some

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** and I'm current going threw some unfairness transaction with a supposal friend. We first lived in a 4 bedroom house that, i, Imy friend "Jose" and two other individuals that we shared the the house with for two years. Unfortunately the owner decides to sell the house and we had to move out. So me and my buddy decided to get a two bedroom. Due to the fact that I was in NYC for vacation my buddy went and got the apartment under his name with have of my deposit given to him prior. The problem now I that when I'm ready to move in he actually denying the apartment to me and he's refusing to return my cash deposit which is $ 400. My big mistake is that i trusted this fella and all the transaction made weren't in literature no type of document or proof of payment. It was only a verbal agreement upon us. I believe that's probably why he's acting this way which is so unfair and I struggling k ow to obtain an apartment quick! Is there any suggestion please help I want my money I truely work hard for it, and know I'm stuck wit out a place yet
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Did you give him the $400 in cash or do you have a returned check showing it payable to him where it was cashed? In other words, do you have any way of proving that you did, indeed, give him any money?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No unfortunately that's where I messed up, ice been dealing with hi for quite a while and I've been paying him straight cash, randomly she changed with me in such a way. Is there any suggestion of proper action I could take. I really would like some portion and I would do whT it takes to get my money. Back I word hard for. Y money sir and its nit fair.tha m you for replying hope to hear from you soon
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

You can take the matter to small claims court. It will be your word against his. But the court will decide who is telling the truth. You can go to small claims court without a local attorney. Get the forms from the clerk of the Court in the county where he lives. That is where you will need to sue him.