WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I am a Designer/Stager who was not paid rendered in a home

Customer Question

I am a Designer/Stager who was not paid for services rendered in a home sale. I placed liens against the property but was not paid at escrow. I found out the escrow company owner and the home owner are friends. What is my legal recourse?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

You definitely have a claim. I suggest that you file in small claims court in Washington against the homeowner and the escrow company. As soon as they see you have filed, I bet they will pay you. If not, tell the judge and you will get a judgment against them. YOu can also file a complaint with the Washington Department of Real Estate against the escrow company, but try the small claims first.

Here is how to file small claims:

http://www.courts.wa.gov/newsinfo/resources/?altMenu=smal&fa=newsinfo_jury.Scc

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If there is an action I can be taken against the escrow company, what is that action? I would need to know the violation as I take them to small claims court.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.

Please rate 4 or 5 now, and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.