How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex Esquire Your Own Question
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 16625
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Alex Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sent a payoff to my mortage company an they fail to give

Customer Question

I sent a payoff to my mortage company an they fail to give my satisfaction of mortgage. Under the TILA they are liable for my Negotiable Instrument. I have Demand the return of my payment an fail to get it back. This is Considered Civil Conversion. Can I report this to FBI , Attorney General or the Treasure Department. SECRETARY OF TREASURE?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

If the bank failed to follow the law and to timely record a satisfaction of mortgage document then a complaint can be filed with US Government Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at the link below:

This government agency will investigate your complaint and will take proper action based on findings of their investigation.

Also, a private local real estate law attorney can be consulted, to help resolve this issue and also to evaluate the case for any potential legal recourse against the mortgage bank.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Related Real Estate Law Questions