How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27230
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I own two homes with existing mortgages. How

Customer Question

My husband and I own two homes with existing mortgages. How do we will the homes to our child, do we write it on the will?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Yes, just like any property or assets you have, you want to devise these to your children or anyone else you desire, in your will. You want to specifically identify the property and specifically state the share that each child will take, upon you both passing. Moreover, you want to address if any of your funds will be used to pay off the home, taxes or anything related to it, if you desire. Ideally, you want an attorney to draft the will, to make sure it is properly execute an conveys your wishes, when you both pass. You can also incorporate provisions for each other, to avoid any problems.

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Real Estate Law Questions