How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19641
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a summons from attny representing the hoa of my

Customer Question

I received a summons from attny representing the hoa of my condo that read in part, Said person for possession of said premises and monies. I owe hoa fees from may to October. I purchased my condo in April for cash. I thought the hoas were paid at closing.
The summons says I need to appear ,11.3.15 in court. I can pay the back hoas. Will I be evicted in any way.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.

No. If you pay the amount due plus the cost of the Attorney's fees, the HOA should file for voluntary withdrawal of the case. You need to contact the HOA's Attorney as to the total amount due.