WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Can a gated home owners association assign handicap parking

Customer Question

can a gated home owners association assign handicap parking spaces?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.

Yes, the board of directors can pass a special resolution that your wife can park overnight in the driveway due to her disability. It is not required under the law in California or the ADA (which is federal law) but I think all you have to do is mention to the board of the HOA that if they do not pass this resolution in your favor, it will appear to be discriminatory against disabled people and a violation of the ADA. That is a srong enough hint that you might file a discrimination law suit that they will surely grant your very reasonable request.

Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you, I wish you all the best.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

please review the answer and rate 4 or 5 to close out the question. Thanks.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Mr. Feiner:

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Thank you.