How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42216
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother is selling a piece of property ,000.00 the

Customer Question

My mother is selling a piece of property for 350,000.00 the realitor whos doing the deal had a charge to my mother of 14,000 for listing brokerage compensation and another 14,000 for sellers brokerage compensation. She explained to us that my mother has to pay for the buyers realty companies fees along with her own realty company. This seems very odd to me . thanks Timmy Pennington
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

This is unusual here.Your mother may want to file a claim with the California realty board.I see no reason at all for her to agree to pay the buyers fees.She may want to complain here and contest the matter.She really should not have agreed to this.She may have to claim the realtor took advantage of her.This is not standard for her to pay the buyers fee.

Flie here.

I think this is deal breaker here.I would tell realtor she is not agreeing to this and that it is not proper here.She can tell realtor she has field complaint and this is not acceptable.If she signed an agreement to pay this she can tell them she did not understand that they were taking advantage of here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish her the best here.

Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

She can try to mediate this through the state..

Member Legal Services
Tel (###) ###-####br />Fax (###) ###-####br />Oct. 26, 2012 (revised)

Call here.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Mediation is the term used to describe a relatively informal form of dispute resolution that occurs outside of the court system. In mediation, the parties to the dispute are assisted by a neutral third person called a mediator. The mediator is not empowered to impose a decision on the parties; instead the mediator facilitates discussions and negotiation between the parties with the goal of assisting them in reaching a mutually acceptable settlement of their dispute.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

The typical mediation will begin with the mediator introducing himself or herself to the parties and explaining how the mediation will be conducted. The mediator will then verify that certain documents, such as a confidentiality agreement, have been signed by the parties prior to proceeding with the mediation. Once preliminary matters are handled, the mediator will give the parties an opportunity to express their views of the dispute. Depending on the mediator's style or the parties? wishes, the mediator may then separate the parties and meet with them individually. Some mediators do not separate the parties unless a particular unexpressed feeling or issue needs to be dealt with in confidence.

Once the parties have presented their views on the dispute, the mediator will then work with them to identify areas of agreement and disagreement. The mediator does not tell the parties how to resolve their dispute, however. If the parties do reach an agreement, the mediator will assist them in reducing their agreement to writing.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

This gives you remedies here, file a complaint and ask for mediation to resolve this.You should not be paying fort the buyers fees.