Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

In 2013 I decided to sell the house for $240,000 as

Customer Question
suggested by OCWEN the Debt...
In 2013 I decided to sell the house for $240,000 as suggested by OCWEN the Debt Collector by Freddie Mac.By that time my Hazard Insurance was expected to expire 7/28/2013.I was thinking if I can sell it before, the next Hazard Insurance will be handled by the next owner. By July 21,2013 , I found a buyer for $203,000 all cash but was rejected, reoffered $210,000 again all cash but rejected as too low since they reappraised the property to $260,000 which is against the trend in the housing industry. This rejections of all the offer while the value of the property keeps on going down seems to prove they are not interest to sell but to foreclose which was granted May 26, 2015. Am I responsible for the unpaid back insurance, mortgages and penalties?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/9/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

If they foreclosed, the lender can come after you for any deficiency—for the amount that the property was sold for less than the mortgage on the property. However, once the property is foreclosed, you are no longer responsible for the insurance and other related expenses. However, the lender can come after you for deficiency if the property sold for less than the mortgage on the property. You can wipe out the deficiency through your Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law