How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3677
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid my property taxes late I paid full amount to city

Customer Question

I paid my property taxes late I paid full amount to city including interest they gave me confirmation once they received my payment then I get a Marshall notice about delinquent taxes I give them proof that j paid call the city the next day I go online they add a fee take 433$ of my full payment give it to the Marshall for his fee and put my balance at 433.00 after they were paid in full
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Obviously this is a clerical error on the part of the government, and you should not have been charged the $433. You need to bring this to the attention of the county recorder, and they can correct the record. I do not know what location you are in at Connecticut, but I suggest you get the address off the tax bill and go there in person to speak to the person in charge with your proof of payment.

Good luck to you. If you need a lawyer after you have done this I can help you find one.

Please rate the answer 4 or 5 now and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Related Real Estate Law Questions