How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 34996
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I collect money from somone that lived in my house years

Customer Question

Can I collect money from somone that lived in my house for 11 years and only paid his half of the mortage payment about 7 months out of the year? After living here 11 years he just up and moves out because he did not want to be a renter and leaves me with all the mortage payment and has not moved any of his personal belongings yet after being gone for 4 months
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma.

YOu mention mortgage...are they on the mortgage as well as you?

If not, did you have a lease with them (requiring them to pay rent)?