Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

We listed our property 2 weeks ago and have had 3 offers.

Customer Question

We listed our property 2 weeks ago and have had 3 offers. The most recent is full price. Are we required to accept & if we refuse it are we still required to pay our real estate agent a commission?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Generally, if the real estate agent has obtained a full asking price offer from a qualified buyer, the sellers are not legally obligated to accept such full price offer, however, in such case, the real estate agent / broker would be entitled to full commission based on the fact that once a full asking price offer is obtained, it is considered that the real estate agent has earned his/her commission.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.