How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117371
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid answer to my specific question. This 4 yr. old answer

Customer Question

I paid for an answer to my specific question. This 4 yr. old answer is to a similar but not specific question I asked
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, am I able to waive the notice to vacate under these circumstances? Rental is in Pennsylvania
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Your tenant forging your signature to get the payment of one month rent is illegal, it is fraud and theft as well as forgery. You need to report it to the DA because if you know the tenant did this and signed your name, because your name is ***** ***** you are liable for the false information. So your failure to report it to law enforcement leaves you liable since your name is ***** ***** the false information was submitted under your signature.

You cannot "waive the notice to vacate" under these circumstances, you have to give a notice of eviction to the tenant. You have to give them the 30 day notice to evict, the 3 day is for non-payment of rent.

I would send them the 30 day notice to evict and would also report this fraud to the state immediately before they discover it and come after you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I corrected the wrong info she had on her form & sent the doc I signed with the corrected info. I did not participate in any fraud.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your information.

She still committed forgery and if you corrected it with the agency, you would be able to give her the 30 day notice to evict.

Related Real Estate Law Questions