Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

Now the manager is stating that the previous lease 3 bedroom

Customer Question

Now the manager is stating that the previous lease for the 3 bedroom apt. I sign rolls over to the one bedroom that I moved into. I never signed for a one bedroom but did sign for a three bedroom. Is that legal or do I need a current lease for the unit
I actually live in.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you signed for a 3 BR and then you changed to a different apartment which should have cost less and was a different premises, a different lease should have been signed UNLESS the first lease has a clause in there that state it continues to remain in force even if you change apartments.